About shopping and my spring wish list

Bookmark and Share
I'm sure you all know the feeling that you get when you look at a wardrobe full of clothes, yet have nothing to wear, and this is how I feel every time I'm getting dressed now. I haven't been shopping for a few months (except from a grey t-shirt and things I've bought second-hand) and most of my clothes feel so wrong; they're either too tight, the wrong colour, too sexy, uncomfortable or boring. I just want some new clothes that are stylish, comfortable to wear and look feminine with a touch of rock n roll, but I don't have much money to spend on clothes, at least not if I want to have a social life.

It's not really money issues that stop me from buying clothes though, it's more the fact that I don't like shopping; the high street shops and shopping centres are busy and impersonal and I find the whole consumer society we live in rather disgusting; people believe they can buy luck for money without realising what impact each garment has on the environment and other people's lives. To me, going to charity shops or flea markets is a great alternative; it's unbelievable cheap and I love hunting for treasures. The only problem is that I never actually find what I'm looking for when I'm looking for it. The other day I stopped by a charity shop where all clothes were on 50% sale. The weather was really nice and sunny that day and I ended up buying a wool jumper! It was cheap (only 50 pence) and very lovely indeed, but I can't use it right now though. This is what I'm hoping to find:

High waist capris
Photos: 1. Kitten 2. Dita von Teese 3. Casey's Elegant Musings 4. capris from Tarantula Clothing

Feminine blouses
Photos: 1. Some Girls Wander 2. Flickr 3. Topshop 4. The snail and the cyclops

Pretty vintage slips
Photos: Fröken Ö

Tarted shirts; both fitted shirts for women and shirts for men
Photos: 1. don't remember 2. someone I saw at a vintage fair 3. shirt from Vivien of Holloway 4. don't remember

A denim jacket; would look great with dresses or with studded leggings and a long plain top
Photos: 1. The snail and the cyclops 2. Gap


I don't buy everything second-hand; I look for plain t-shirts in normal shops. The shape and fit has to be right; not too tight but not shapeless either, and the quality needs to be good. I admit I'm really picky but I'd rather buy t-shirts that last for a long time instead of some that lose their shape after being wahsed twice.
Photos: 1. don't remember 2. t-shirt from Acne 3. The cherry blossom girl 4. t-shirt from American Apparel


I'll post pictures if I find some nice clothes but in the mean time I'd love to know what's on your wish list?

{ 0 comments... Views All / Send Comment! }

Post a Comment

Popular Posts